Adopt an Artefact
GIVE HIGHGATE SCHOOL'S PAST A FUTURE BY ADOPTING AN ARTEFACT
The Highgate School Museum and Archive collect and preserve clothing, photographs, documents, artworks and printed materials relating to the School’s history. Its treasures date from the foundation of the School in 1565 and include two Elizabethan Charters.
Centuries of use are taking their toll on our collections. Many items are in need of repair and conservation treatment and this is where we need your help. For as little as £50 you can help to preserve Highgate’s history for future generations. The conservation work needed ranges from simple repairs to cleaning, treatment and the provision of protective boxes for vulnerable items.
We are currently undertaking a survey of our collections and are prioritising items needing the most attention. Your donation will go towards supporting the Highgate School Archive Conservation Programme.
ARTEFACTS TO ADOPT
You can adopt an artefact by making a donation of £50 or more. £50 adopts a 20th century artefact, £75 adopts an 18th to 19th century artefact and £100 adopts a 16th to 17th century artefact.
For more information on items available for adoption, please click on the following link:
ADOPT AN ARTEFACT AND YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• Free membership of the Friends of Highgate School Museum
• A certificate of adoption which you can have inscribed with the words of your choice, perhaps commemorating a special event or anniversary
• Information sheet on the adopted item
• Text credit on our website for the duration of the adoption
• Invitation to the annual Adopt an Artefact Day where you will be able to see your artefact, visit the museum and meet other adopters
• All of the above, plus
• An invitation to a private view of the Museum for you and a guest
• 50% off Monday at the Mills lecture series
• Complimentary Museum merchandise
• All of the above, plus
• A behind the scenes tour of the Archive
• Complimentary entry to the Monday at the Mills lecture series
• If your item is displayed in the Museum, your adoption will be acknowledged
TO ADOPT AN ARTEFACT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• Membership is for one year
• All donations go to supporting the Highgate School Archive Conservation Programme
• We are prioritising items for conservation based on their research value, age, condition and fragility. We unfortunately, therefore, cannot guarantee the timely conservation of your artefact.
• Artefacts are located either in the Museum or in the Archive. We reserve the right to relocate an item at any time.
If you have any questions concerning the scheme then please contact:
Archivist and Records Manager
T: 020 8347 4421