- We believe a good education should be accessible beyond those who can afford it, so we raise funds to help bright children for whom Highgate is the right school come here, regardless of their parents’ or carers’ ability to pay the school fees.
- We currently have ~90 bursary holders in the Senior School, most receiving substantial awards, covering 90%-100% of their fees.
- Children are considered for places on academic merit alone: bursary pupils are measured against the same criteria as fee-paying candidates. Pastoral care, for all pupils, is at the heart of our thinking; we know bursary families sometimes benefit from additional support and it is our duty to deliver this.
- We know that bursaries benefit an entire school: parents want children to grow up in a reflective community and leave Highgate being able to relate well to others, irrespective of their background.
- Donations to this area means we can offer a transformative educational experience to more children.
We invite donors to make gifts in a variety of ways to suit their personal circumstances:
- Regular instalments, to enable us to fund a bursary recipient’s education at Highgate year by year;
- Single donations, should a donor prefer to give a multi-year bursary in one instalment rather than several;
- Capital or legacy gifts, to enable us to build up an endowment fund, to help secure the future of bursaries.
To find out more about donating to Bursaries, please email our Development Director – email@example.com.