The main point of entry to Highgate Senior School is at 11+ and we have only a few places available beyond this.
Highgate sometimes has places available in other year groups (typically Year 8, 9 and the start of Year 10 only). If you are interested in an occasional place, please contact our Admissions Office in the first instance and certainly before making an application.
- Initially, the pupil’s latest school report should be shared with our Admissions Office, who will advise further on available places and possible assessment timings.
- Application fee: £150 (£300 if tests sat abroad, only with prior agreement).
- Entrance examinations will be in English and Mathematics, with an interview either the same day or shortly later.
- The acceptance deadline for any occasional place is usually ten days after the offer is issued. Tours of our School can be arranged during this time to help with decision making.
- Please note that bursaries are not available for occasional place entry.
- Occasional place admissions policy
Highgate Senior School’s main entry point is at 11+ and numbers of applicants for 13+ (where assessments are held when a child is in Year 6) have dwindled.
The last formal 13+ entrance assessments will take place in December 2019 for entry to Year 9 in September 2022. The closing date for applications is 8 November 2019.
Families interested in 13+ entry from September 2023 onwards should contact the Admissions Office regarding a possible Occasional Place.Fee information