Our Pinterest page
Archivist and Records Manager
London N6 4AY
Telephone: 020 8347 4421
Support our Museum and Archive
We are always delighted to accept donations connected to our School, like documents, letters, photos, clothing, objects and other memorabilia. Please contact our Archivist before sending items.
You can support our Museum and Archive by:Becoming a Friend
Adopt an Artefact
Since its 2015 launch, our Museum has hosted over 7,000 visitors and delighted pupils, teachers, parents, OCs and the public with exhibitions and events. Yet we want to offer more exhibitions and events, and improve our interactive displays and hands-on interpretive experiences for children.
How can you make this happen?
For £25 per year, you can support us as we develop an exciting programme of exhibitions and events. In addition, you will receive:
- A biannual newsletter and event mailings
- Invitations to Friends’ events
- Priority booking on all ticketed events held in our Museum
- A 20% discount on Highgate School and Museum merchandise
Please click here to make a single donation of £25 to become a Friend for one year. If you would like to make a regular gift towards our Museum and Archive, click here.
Centuries of use are taking their toll on our Archive collections, with many items in need of repair and conservation. Conservation work ranges from simple repairs to cleaning, treatment and the provision of protective boxes for vulnerable items.
We are currently undertaking a survey of our collections and prioritising items needing the most attention. Your donation will support our Highgate School Archive Conservation Programme.
How can you make this happen?
For as little as £50, you can help preserve Highgate’s history for future generations by adopting an artefact. Please click here for a list of the items available for adoption.
For £50, you can adopt a twentieth century artefact and receive:
- Free membership of the Friends of Highgate School Museum
- A certificate of adoption which you can have inscribed with the words of your choice, perhaps commemorating a special event or anniversary
- An information sheet about the item
- Text credit on our website for the duration of the adoption
- Invitation to our annual Adopt an Artefact Day where you will be see your artefact, visit the museum and meet other adopters
For £75, you can adopt an eighteenth to nineteenth century artefact and receive all of the above, plus:
- An invitation to a private view of our Museum for you and a guest
- 50% off Monday at the Mills lecture series
- Complimentary Museum merchandise
For £100, you can adopt a sixteenth to seventeenth century artefact and receive all of the above, plus:
- A behind the scenes tour of our Archive
- Complimentary entry to our Monday at the Mills lecture series
- If your item is displayed in our Museum, your adoption will be acknowledged.
- To support the vital conservation of our collection and adopt an artefact, then please click here. For other ways to make a gift, click here.