Centuries of use are taking their toll on our Archive collections, with many items in need of repair and conservation. Conservation work ranges from simple repairs to cleaning, treatment and the provision of protective boxes for vulnerable items.
We are currently undertaking a survey of our collections and prioritising items needing the most attention. Your donation will support our Highgate School Archive Conservation Programme.
How can you make this happen?
For as little as £50, you can help preserve Highgate’s history for future generations by adopting an artefact. Please click here for a list of the items available for adoption.
For £50, you can adopt a twentieth century artefact and receive:
- Free membership of the Friends of Highgate School Museum
- A certificate of adoption which you can have inscribed with the words of your choice, perhaps commemorating a special event or anniversary
- An information sheet about the item
- Text credit on our website for the duration of the adoption
- Invitation to our annual Adopt an Artefact Day where you will be see your artefact, visit the museum and meet other adopters
For £75, you can adopt an eighteenth to nineteenth century artefact and receive all of the above, plus:
- An invitation to a private view of our Museum for you and a guest
- 50% off Night at the Museum lecture series
- Complimentary Museum merchandise
For £100, you can adopt a sixteenth to seventeenth century artefact and receive all of the above, plus:
- A behind the scenes tour of our Archive
- Complimentary entry to our Night at the Museum lecture series
- If your item is displayed in our Museum, your adoption will be acknowledged.
- To support the vital conservation of our collection and adopt an artefact, then please click here. For other ways to make a gift, click here.