Highgate offers a packed programme of events and activities, many of which are open to the public as well as our School community.
‘Night at the Museum’ is a series of talks (one per term) by external speakers and Highgate teachers on a wide range of subjects. It replaces the successful ‘Mondays at the Mills’ programme that ran for four years from September 2016.
Talks are normally held in the School Museum/Tabernacle starting at 7pm, with refreshments, including wine, available from 6.30pm and afterwards.
Tickets for ‘N@M’ events can be booked on this page. If you have any questions, please contact the Development Office, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to watch the recordings of Monday evening lectures in the Highgate School Museum, organised by the School Archive.
Áine is a PhD student at the University of Glasgow and will be speaking about the meteorite that fell in Winchcombe, Gloucestershire in March 2021 – about the excitement of the fireball, being part of the search team and being a part of the science team studying the sample.
• Tourists and Tombs, 7 June 2021 (online event)
• The 13th Annual Kyffin Williams Lecture: Kyffin and Colour, 1 February 2021 (online event)
• Dutch Light – Christiaan Huygens and the Making of Science in Europe, 16 November 2020
• Tourists and Tombs, 8 June 2020 – Cancelled
• The 12th Annual Kyffin Williams Lecture: Room for Welsh Art? Kyffin Williams and the National Museum of Wales, 3 February 2020
• Climate Change, 18 November 2019
• Fashion, Fury and Feminism – Women’s Fight for Change, 1 July 2019
• Small Bodies in the Solar System, 20 May 2019
• Leonardo da Vinci: Renaissance Master, 18 March 2019
• Coleridge’s Intellectual Legacy in America, 25 February 2019
• The 11th Annual Kyffin Williams Lecture—Milein Cosman (1921-2017): her life, art and friendship with Kyffin Williams, 4 February 2019
• A Throwback to my Studies of How Black Holes Form, 14 January 2019
• Aiming high: school expeditions and life beyond the classroom, 3 December 2018
• The Transformation of St Pancras Station, 12 November 2018
• There’s a Pheasant on the Roof: Kyffin at Highgate, 10 September 2018
• Faraday and Electromagnetism, 2 July 2018
• Votes for Women, 21 May 2018
• Help, the Gamer Has Left the Basement!, 19 March 2018
• Forensic Science – DNA Evidence, 26 February 2018
• The 10th Annual Kyffin Williams Lecture: Conservation Challenges, 5 February 2018
In September 2019, pupils from Highgate School organised the first ever Environmental Sustainability Conference for young people
The inspiring all-day event, designed for young people who want to be involved in sustainability initiatives, hosted keynote speakers from the world of science, politics, charity and activism.